Personal Development Project – From July 10 to July 30
The rest of the month I’ll be focused on finishing the deliverables for Praxis that I couldn’t do in the last PDP.
- 6 blog posts; I WROTE 2
- LinkedIn profile updated; DONE
- Personal Pitch Deck; DONE
- Plan my PDPs until April; DONE
- Week 1 (July 10 to July 16)
- Update my LinkedIn Profile; DONE. Please, have a look!
- Write 2 blog posts; I didn’t do it.
- Start writing my Personal Pitch Deck. I didn’t do it.
- Week 2 (July 17 to July 23)
- Week 3 (July 24 to 30)
- Write 2 blog posts; I didn’t do it.
- Plan my PDPs for the whole Program at Praxis. DONE
- Finish my Personal Pitch Deck. DONE
Final words: I had a huge war against Resistance this month. It was so hard to start doing my Pitch Deck, but when I did, things had gone smoothly. Writing is a skill that I have to develop, it’s difficult for me to start, Resistance beats me every time. For the next month, I’ll continue writing more and more.
Personal Development Project – From August 01 to August 31 (5 weeks)
Book that I read – The Last Safe Investment: Spending Now to Increase Your True Wealth Forever
by Bryan Franklin
Book that I listened on Audible – The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do In Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
This month I’m starting Praxis Bootcamp, it’s the beginning of my journey of building myself. And I’m inspired by the first lesson of Isaac Morehouse’s blog post 11 Lessons from Launching a Company and by Week 8 of Forward Tilt book: Get serious.
Lesson 1: “You can’t build a company unless you build yourself.”
I’m serious about writing, so in this PDP, I’ll write every single day a blog post.
I’ll increase my time reading from 25 minutes to 50 minutes per day.
And I’m going to get the deliverables from Praxis done before August 25.
- 31 blog posts – Not even close. I wrote 5.
- Finish the book Customer Success and write a blog post about it – Published!
- Finish the book The Last Safe Investment and write a blog post about it – I didn’t do it yet.
- Complete the deliverables from Praxis (before August 25) – Again, I couldn’t finish until the deadline was close. I finished on August 31.
- Week 1
- Write every day a blog post – I did it for three days-in-a-row (It’s a record!) Please, check the posts on my blog!
- Read every day for 50 minutes – I did it! I finished the book Customer Success and I’ll write about it!
- Work on the deliverables for 2 hours a day – I did it too!
- Week 2
- Write every day a blog post – I couldn’t write this week.
- Read every day for 50 minutes – Yes, I’m doing it! I’m cultivating well this habit.
- Work on the deliverables for 2 hours a day – I’ll change this approach. I will aim results. It’s too vague ‘Work on the deliverables for 2 hours a day’. Anyway, I couldn’t do it this week.
- Week 3
- Write every day a blog post – I wrote just two this week
- Read every day for 50 minutes – I read everyday! I also started to listen to books, it’s awesome because I can hear while washing dishes, cleaning the house or when I’m in the gym.
- Record the video for the First Month of Praxis – I couldn’t do it. I did record once, but I still have a lot to improve. If you want to check it out the first version, here it is: https://youtu.be/a89TEa7XC8I
- Finish the Portfolio Project (Praxis) – I did it, I’m waiting for feedback from Praxis Community!
- About Week 3 – I got a new job! So, this week was a little messy. I’ll have to learn how to divide my time with Praxis, Work, and PDPs.
- Week 4
- Write every day a blog post – I didn’t do it :/
- Read every day for 50 minutes – I’m more listening than reading nowadays because I’m traveling a lot this month!
- Record the video for the First Month of Praxis – I finished it! It’s on my About page!
- Write about my Top 3 Skills and post it – I’m struggling with it! I didn’t think that would be so hard to pick 3 skills and talk about it.
- Week 5
- Write every day a blog post – I didn’t do it
- Read every day for 50 minutes – I finished the two books that I was reading and listening this month!
- Submit the deliverables – I did it!
Final words: I got a new job and traveled a lot this month, I lost the streak of writing and never came back. But I read a lot and learned so much with all the training and network my new job is providing me!