2017 – English Teacher in Ica
I taught English for more than 250 children from 6 to 12 years old in Ica.
I learned from this experience that we, as individuals, have the power to change people’s lives directly and indirectly and it doesn’t require much. You can teach English to a child in your neighborhood or fix the computer of your aunt and these actions will be valuable for them.
AIESEC provided me a new home in Peru with an amazing family who gave me unconditional love.
If you want to see more pictures with these lovable children, you can check it out here.
2016 – Administrative Counselor
In my last year as a Junior Entrepreneur, I wanted to return the value that I received from the Junior Enterprise Movement. So I presented some lectures and workshops about ‘PM CANVAS’, ‘Leadership’, ‘Personal Organization’. And I mentored 4 members at Biotec Júnior.
2015 – Vice President at Biotec Júnior
As a VP, I worked with the President to create a culture of results. Biotec Júnior had a growth of 365% in a year with the highest number of projects done since the foundation of the Junior Enterprise.
In the journey to make more projects, we had the highest number of members going to events of the Junior Enterprise Movement, we established an annual internal event named ‘Immersion’, in which we join everybody in a country house for a weekend to get us closer and to discuss our Strategic Planning. We became a big family.
2014 – Project Manager at Biotec Júnior
In my second year at Biotec Júnior, I managed our first consulting project with a team of more than 10 members.
Close to the deadline, we weren’t sure if we could deliver what we promised to our client. I couldn’t delegate well and I wasn’t sure about anything. I wanted to give up.
But Biotec Júnior didn’t let me do it, I was helped by the whole Junior Enterprise, mainly by the President at the time, Nicola Carlucci, who taught me powerful lessons of leadership and recommended me the book The Servant by James C. Hunter, which was essential to make who I am today.
Becoming a better leader was the main reason we delivered the project successfully, the people were there to make things happen, all they need was someone to give the right directions.
Looking backwards, I can say that overcoming this challenge was the turning point of my career in the Junior Enterprise Movement. I became hungry for more.
Books I’ve read (Updated 08/07/2017)
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Servant: A Simple Story About the True Essence of Leadership by James C. Hunter
- De volta ao mosteiro – O monge e o executivo falam de liderança e trabalho em equipe by James C. Hunter
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- How to Get Ideas by Jack Foster
- Geração de Valor – Compartilhando Inspiração by Flávio Augusto da Silva
- A Menina do Vale by Bel Pesce
- A Menina do Vale 2 by Bel Pesce
- Sonho Grande by Cristiane Correa
- Pare de Acreditar no Governo: Por Que Os Brasileiros Não Confiam Nos Políticos e Amam o Estado by Bruno Garschagen
- Qual é a tua obra? By Mario Sergio Cortella
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success by Adam Grant
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- How to Design TED Worthy Presentation Slides: Presentation Design Principles from the Best TED Talks by Akash Karia
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance by Timothy Gallwey
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
- Guia politicamente incorreto da América Latina by Leandro Narloch
- How to Be Everything: A Guide for Those Who (Still) Don’t Know What They Want to Be When They Grow Up by Emilie Wapnick
- Customer Success: How Innovative Companies Are Reducing Churn and Growing Recurring Revenue by Nick Mehta